Who doesn’t love getting out on the water! There is no where like a mountain lake in the summer time. Just don’t forget your sunscreen!
For a full list of rental rates, or to make a reservation, check out the ‘rentals’ page on our website, here.
Can I make a reservation?
- We have two canoes and 3 inflatable SUPs located at our shop that can be reserved 7 days a week.
- Lakeside canoes/kayaks can be reserved on Tuesday and Wednesday.
- No reservations for lakeside equipment on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Monday. Staffed lakeside operations operate on a first come, first serve basis.
What is included in the rental?
- We include everything you need! All lakeside rentals include the paddle, life jacket and safety kit.
- Self transport canoes include all the safety equipment as well as a tie down kit (foam blocks and straps)
Do I need roof racks to transport a canoe?
- Nope! Foam blocks make it so that you don’t need roof racks. Almost any vehicle with a big, mostly flat roof, can be loaded with a canoe.
What are the best places to paddle?
- We are partial to Barrier Lake, but self transport canoes and SUPs can also be taken to Upper or Lower Kananaskis lakes, or Spray Lake.
- Our boats are not for river paddling
How busy is Barrier Lake Boat Rentals?
- Weekends down at Barrier can be pretty busy, but we have a large fleet of boats (6 canoes, 6 kayaks and 8 paddle boards)
- Worst case scenario, if you get there and it is busy, there is a beautiful sandy beach to hang out on while waiting for a boat.
How do Barrier Lake Rentals work on Tuesday/Wednesday?
- On Tuesdays and Wednesdays. we do not have a staff member at Barrier Lake
- Canoes and Kayaks are still rent-able, you just need to come to our shop first
- At the shop, we will give you a key to unlock the boat of your choice, along with paddling gear.
- You can then head down to the lake, paddle for the day, and then when finished you return the key and gear to us at the shop
- Daily rental rates apply