What makes Kananaskis Outfitters such an awesome place to work? Our team is made up of awesome people and we get to live in one of the most beautiful places, so what’s not to love?!
Want to know what a summer with us looks like? Check this out:
All of our team members love what they do and are passionate about their mountain lifestyle. So where do you fit in? We are looking to fill several different positions:
Voyageur Canoe Guide and Waterfront Attendant
Independently oversee our rental operation at Barrier Lake. Including canoes, kayaks and SUPs.
– Help customers fill out waivers.
– Collect payment
– Fit pfds and outfit customers
– Give information about basic paddling, the lake, our shop and Kananaskis
– Guide Voyageur canoe tours (approximately 5 departures per week)
– Additional hours in our shop renting/maintaining bikes will make this position full-time.Skills and qualifications
– Able to lift, carry, flip 75lb boat independently or with 1 other adult
– Flat water Canoe certification
– Voyageur Canoe certification (can be acquired through Kananaskis Outfitters)
– Swift water rescue technician (Helpful but not essential)
– Ability/desire to work independently
– Desire to work outside all day for 3-5 days a week
– Must have own vehicle to get to and from the lake
– Ability to back up a trailer is an asset (Helpful but not essential)Pay
$13.50- $15/hr based on skills and experience + Performance bonus
$20/hr for all guiding hours
Retail and Rentals Associate
– Actively sell merchandise and rent equipment (mountain bikes, canoes, kayaks, SUPs)
– Input inventory, merchandise, clean, set up retail displays
– Outfit customers with appropriate rental equipment
– Give accurate trail directions
– Keep shop clean and organized
– Maintain rental gear (no prior experience required)
– Work weekends and holidays
– Living in the mountains (staff accommodation available)!
– Access to mountain bikes, canoes, kayaks, and SUPs, to explore everything the mountains have to offer!
– Amazing deals on Patagonia, Salomon, Rocky Mountain Bikes, FIG, Kuhl, Prana, and many more.
Wage: $13-14/hr plus performance bonus
Kananaskis Day Camp Supervisor
This position is brand new for this summer, and we are incredibly excited to see what we can develop as a team! We are looking for a hard working, driven individual who wants to help develop and deliver a summer day camp experience like none other. This will be an on-demand service for families vacationing in the Kananaskis area. The ideal candidate will help develop day-to-day programming suitable for a variety of ages. Activities can include, but are not limited to, interpretive hikes, animal tracking, wildlife identification, mountain biking, fishing, etc. This job is currently a blank canvas waiting for the perfect candidate. Think you have what it takes? Let’s chat and see what we can brainstorm and build together.
How To Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter detailing all relevant experience and certifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Should your application be successful, we will be setting up interviews in the coming weeks with positions starting in May and June.