Ghost Town Hike and Beer
Join one of our certified guides in the Kananaskis Village, then depart for Kananaskis' own Ghost town. Kovach was a tiny town where the workers and their families from the coal mine once lived. Your tour begins with a short shuttle to the trailhead; where traces of the mining camp remain. The hike takes you along the trail where horses used to cart the coal, to a stunning viewpoint where the mine scar is visible. Retrace your steps through the forest as you imagine walking home from a long day at the mine to your home in Kovach.
After our beautiful hike, we will return to the village where a cold pint of Ghost Town Ale or a Shirley temple awaits you. Take your beer glass with you as a souvenir of this Kananaskis experience.
This 5 km hike, with 250 m elevation gain is suitable for children 8 years and older. Please schedule 3 hours for this excursion. Bottled water and cookies will be provided on the tour.
- Meet at our shop in the Kananaskis Village. Tour departs daily at 9 am or 1 pm.
- Suitable for children 8 years old and up.
- $89/adult (18+) - Includes the tour and a pint or beer.
- $79/adult - Includes the tour and a non-alcoholic drink.
- $47/child (17 yr and under) - Inlcudes the tour and a non-alcoholic drink.
- Book online below!
Tours and Rental Bookings