Larch Hike on the Highwood
Join one of our certified guides and depart from Canada's highest paved road into an incredible alpine environment!
Your hike will begin at 7250 feet above sea level, leaving from the highest paved road in Canada! Take in the breathtaking scenery, following waterfalls and a stream to 8000 feet above sea level, the perfect habitat for big horn sheep, pika's and an incredible array of alpine plants. In the fall, Ptarmigan Cirque is the perfect trail to view the larches are they change color. These trees paint the mountain sides gold for just a few weeks every year.
- Be sure to bring your camera!
- Enjoy breathtaking views of the Highwood Pass area
- The season for larches is short lived, so this hike is only available for a limited time!
- This tour runs every Saturday, from September 9th - October 7th
- Tour participants will meet at 9:00am at our shop in the Kananaskis Village centre
- Tour participants will then drive in their own vehicle to the trailhead, following the guide
Tours and Rental Bookings