Hike the Highwood and Float the Bow
Your adventure starts meeting at Kananaskis Outfitters at 9:00am where you will join one of our certified guides and venture up the Highwood Pass, Canada's highest paved road, into an incredible alpine environment!
Your hike will begin at 7250 feet above sea level, leaving from the highest paved road in Canada! Take in breathtaking scenery, following waterfalls and a stream to 8000 feet above sea level, the perfect habitat for big horn sheep, pika's and an incredible array of alpine plants.
After your hike, its time to drive into Canmore and join Canmore Raft Tours for a scenic float down the Bow River!
The Townie Float Tour departs at 4:00pm.
This gentle 1hr float starts downtown Canmore, only a few minutes away from the local pubs, restaurants, shops and galleries, and only a hop, skip and a jump from most hotels and bed and breakfasts. "The Townie" is great for those with a time restriction, first time floaters, families with young children, and for those that are travelling on a budget. Departing four times daily, this scenic float trip is designed to meet the needs of most travellers.
Canmore Raft Tour guides meet all guests at the river before each tour. The guides will hand out waivers, fit you in a PFD and give a brief river awareness talk before the rafts depart. In each raft we carry interpretive kits, first aid and dry bags, to carry any extra cloths or items guests need to bring. In case of rain or inclement weather we do have rain jackets for guests to wear. Be sure to bring along your camera and our guides would be happy to take some pictures for you. The best shots are from the river and the rafts anyway and are free of charge! During the trip our guides will share stories about the Bow Valley and its natural and historical histories. They will also be happy to answer any questions about the area that you may have. At the end of the tour we will bring you back to the start point and get you on your way for your next adventure
- Meet at 9:00am at Kananaskis Outfitters
- Drive in your vehicle up to the Highwood Pass (you will be following your guide)
- Hike Ptarmigan Cirque, one of the prettiest hikes in Kananaskis!
- Hike will take approximately 2.5-3 hours
- Drive into Canmore (take the scenic Spray Lakes rd if you are feeling adventurous!)
- Meet Canmore Raft Tours at the boat launch on the Bow River, near downtown Canmore
- Enjoy a scenic float in a raft down the Bow River, and learn about the area from a knowledgeable and fun guide
Tours and Rental Bookings